Monday, January 31, 2011

Back in Jackson

After a long, much needed January off, i'm back in Jackson for another semester!

I've got some things going on now. GO Trip training for my trip to Honduras over Spring Break which is going to be amazing.. Also i've got to get a grip on some summer research opportunities.. Not a heavy class load this semester though which is exciting.. And my parents are coming to Jackson this weekend to spend Feb. 5 with me.. can't believe it's been three years since the tornado.. craziness

A recap. This break included numerous trips to Knoxville to see Kristen and her family.. A snow skiing trip to Winterplace, WV with my family along with another day of skiing on Sugar mountain with Kristen. New Years Eve drive to Tampa to visit family was a great trip, Kristen went with us down there and got to meet all of my cousins which was neat. My sister turned 20 which made my mom feel older.. Audrey got married which made me feel older.. and it was a great break!!

In GO Trip training tonight David Corothers was talking about the second coming and how it's something we don't ask for enough. How often do we really ask Christ to come back? It got me thinking.. I have all these stupid plans and things I want to do before that happens and that's totally wrong. I need to be living more in hope for Christ to return any minute, not when it would fit my schedule the best.. Just a quick thought I had tonight. Anyways.. I'm off!

Until next time, stay classy January...

No comments:

Post a Comment