Sunday, February 6, 2011

02.05.11

It's been three years since the tornado hit Union. That night is a night I will never forget as long as I live. God protected me and the other students on campus that night in ways beyond our imagine. He has blessed us tremendously since the tornado. He has blessed our school with new buildings and more importantly a new respect and reverence for his almighty power and control. He has blessed me with countless experiences and chances to share the story with people all over the place. He has blessed me in healing my legs and giving me a spirit of appreciation for life. I am so grateful.

We gathered last night at 7 on campus, about 50 of us, and just sat in a room in the Bowld and shared testimonies. It was one of the most memorable experiences I think I will have about the tornado. It was so awesome to sit and hear the other students that were on campus that night share what the went through. I didn't get to hear many stories apart from what I read in the book afterwards so it was awesome. I think that God definitely was glorified through the sharing of testimonies, which is exactly what we wanted to do with last night.

Anyways.. The semester is off to a good start.. No class on Fridays and only 2-5 on Mondays and Wednesdays means quite a bit of free time but after last semester, I'm looking forward to it. Mom and Dad will celebrate their 25th year anniversary on Valentine's Day. I'm so glad they could come over to Jackson this weekend and be there last night with me. They mean so much and I know I don't show them that enough.

I'm off to do some things before the super bowl party tonight.

Until next year, stay classy February 5th

No comments:

Post a Comment